Last updated: 16th July 2021
Meeting room bookings now open.
Our meeting rooms are currently open for wedding receptions, meetings, training, support groups, filming and for general use as a venue.
The government will lift all legal restrictions on gatherings indoors from 19th July.
Due to the continuing state of alert in the nation however, we have produced a safe events policy for all hirers.
Whether you are new to the venue or considering resuming your meetings, please contact us to discuss your requirements. We hope that together we can ensure events are conducted in the safest way possible.
This JCT safer events policy is intended to provide guidance to room hirers and facilitators of events taking place in our centres. The policy is based on the latest government guidance.
The JCT is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of its employees and those affected by its undertaking. However, all facilitators and room hirers are expected to manage their events in a way that minimizes the possibility of Covid-19 spreading from one person to another or being populated in any part of the premises.
Please enquire by emailing email@example.com if you need further guidance.
For further information, please see latest government guidance at the following link.
Our rooms have varying capacities up to 30 people (per meeting). Although there are no legal restrictions on the numbers of people gathering, we are advising hirers to decide on their own safe capacity levels with regard to social distancing and the people attending your event who may be clinically vulnerable or worried about the rising number of coronavirus cases in the capital.
If you have any doubts as to whether your event is safe, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss this with you.
The hirer should demonstrate to the JCT 48 hours before the event, how they will mitigate the spread of Covid-19 during the event. This could include:
- Allowing pre-booked attendees only.
- Implementing a social distancing rule on entry, egress and thoroughfare throughout the building.
- Asking attendees to wear masks, sanitise and wash their hands regularly.
- Asking attendees to carry out a rapid flow test before they attend the event.
Ensure that delegates displaying symptoms are denied entry to the event and advised to go home and self-isolate.
- Encouraging track and trace on entry.
- Having an emergency plan in place in case someone develops coronavirus symptoms during the event.
During the event
Hand sanitiser stations and hand washing facilities can be found around the centre for delegates.
“Keep your distance” signage will remain in the centre but it is up to hirers to provide signage and routing for safe thoroughfare throughout the building.
Masks may be provided but it is recommended that delegates and hirers provide their own where necessary.
The room hire terms and conditions agreed by the hirer during the booking process outline the responsibilities of both the hirer and JCT.
– Have an effective and appropriate emergency plan for when someone is taken ill.
– To set in place standard procedures and ensure handwashing and hand sanitizing facilities and extra sanitiser is available.
– To provide relevant signage around the building.
– To ensure all risk assessments regarding safety of the premises during Covid-19 are in place and available.
– Ensure risk assessment and procedure has been done by the hirer and discussions have taken place before the event on how this can be done.
– To have staff available for help and guidance unless otherwise arranged with the hirer.